In order to avoid common misconceptions about Astrology and the very notion of the horoscope, which occur due to insufficient knowledge and understanding of astronomical phenomena, where often there is a wrong attitude towards reality and our own lives, it is necessary to try to define the general concept of the horoscope.
Horoscope is a symbolic representation of the relationship between natural principles at a certain place at the time of one’s birth, which is consistent with the interplay of these same natural laws in the individual consciousness. Planets are indicators, and they serve as aids in preparing the zodiac analysis. Astrology is based on the rule: “Everything that occurs at some point, has the features of that moment.” Features of the moment are the interrelationship between the natural laws of the place.
There are pleasant and less pleasant horoscopes, but the same can not be equated with good or bad. In our case, less pleasant horoscopes often can also serve as a means of development. The horoscope of each person is the best horoscope for the same person, based on its karmic past, because it provides the most potential for development.
There are twelve zodiac signs and they represent the basic psychological archetypes. On the other hand, planets are sources of energy that give color and meaning of the zodiac signs. The Sun is the center of the psyche and represents power, will, personality, ego, success, authority, health and vitality. The Sun rules Leo. The Moon is the ruler of Cancer and represents our deepest personal needs, our basic habits and reactions, our unconscious, mass, women and emotions. Mercury represents opinion, communication, short trips, writing, speaking, books, relatives and trade. Mercury is the ruler of Gemini and Virgo. Venus represents beauty, love, marriage, women, public, sweets, happiness and social affirmation. Venus rules Taurus and Libra. Mars represents the urge to go after what we want, physical energy, assertion, aggression, action and rules with Aries and Scorpio. Jupiter is associated with happiness, law, morality,benevolence, protection, expansion and growth. Jupiter is the ruler of Sagittarius and Pisces. Saturn – the ruler of Capricorn and Aquarius, is associated with restriction and limitation. Saturn reminds us of our boundaries, our responsibilities, and our commitments. Uranus is the “Awakener” , its aspects and transits bring sudden changes and shocks. Uranus is the ruler of Aquarius and represents sudden turns, rebellion, independence, invention, surprises, liberation and disruption. Neptune is associated with illusion, desire, ideal, drugs, music, television, intuition, spiritual impulse, religion, poetry, art, film, chemistry, fraud, smells and rules the sign of Pisces. Pluto represents power, massive response, prohibited acts, destruction, fusion, transformation, death, birth and mysteries. In modern astrology, Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio.
Zodiac signs remain where they are, while the planets are constantly moving. Every day, millions of people are born and they all have more or less the same positions of stars and planets. However, everyone has its own destiny. The astrological houses represent the fields of experience wherein the energies of the signs and planets operate. They depend on the time and place of birth. It is important to know the exact hour and minute of birth, as well as the correct place, because it will affect the Ascendant, which is also called the rising sign.
The Ascendant reflects the physical appearance of a person, while each of the twelve houses represents different facets of human life.
- The first House (The house of Self) represents personality, complexion, form and shape of an individual, early childhood.
- The second House (The house of wealth) represents finances, fortune, power, talents and resources.
- The third House (The house of courage and siblings) represents communications, siblings, short travels, environment and courage.
- The fourth House (The house of mother and pleasures) represents home, parents, real estates, private affairs and secret life.
- The fifth house (The house of progeny, romance and competition) represents love, children, sports, risk, gambling and wisdom.
- The sixth house (The house of enemy and disease) represents health, nutritions, habits, work, pets and services.
- The Seventh House (The house of marriage and partnerships) represents partners, marital and business relations, public relations, legal affairs, court, marriage and divorce.
- The eighth House (The house of accidents and death) represents sex, support, inheritances and legacies, taxes, occultism, endings, renewal, death.
- The ninth House (The house of Fate and Fortune) represents law, religion, education, long travels, family, relatives, college and studies.
- The tenth House (The house of profession) represents a profession, a parent, authority, ego, prestige and reputation.
- The eleventh house (The house of casual incomes and gains) represents desires, hopes, friends, large organizations, unexpected events.
- The twelfth house (The house of expenses and Losses) represents hidden talents and resources, exploration, activity away from the public eye.
Each sign has one or two rulers, the planets which influence the developments in the sign. Almost every house will occupy at least two signs (although it can be one or three), so that each house has an adequate number of rulers.