You probably already know that what you eat affects the state of your health. And with the fast-paced lives we all lead today, it is hard to ensure the intake of the recommended doze of vitamins and minerals. Luckily, there are superfoods that can help you reduce the risk of chronic disease and prolong your life.
Simply said, superfoods are raw, densely nutritious food that is easily digested by the body. They are typically loaded with phytonutrients which enhance the mental performance, control the blood sugar levels, physical stamina and boost energy. In addition, many of these superfoods are specially high in protein and omega 3, great anti-inflammatory fats. Superfoods are considered as the nature’s medicine and are known for preventing heart disease, lowering cholesterol and protecting the body from many different types of cancers thanks to their antioxidant properties.
Here are the most common types of superfoods and the health benefits they offer.
Manuka honey is a monofloral honey which is produced by bees that pollinate the Manuka tree, also called the jellybush. This honey is produced in Australia and New Zealand only. It is highly known for its anti-bacterial properties as it is richer in antioxidants than any other honey. Health benefits of the Manuka honey include:
- Help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Increase your digestive health.
- Help reduce inflammation and free-radical damage.
- Help ease sore throats.
Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose oil contains high levels of important fatty acids, which help regulate heart function, insulin absorptions, nerve function and hormones. All this helps reduce swelling and irritation and enhance skin elasticity. Evening primrose oil can help:
- Manage pre-menstrual tension.
- Provide relief from the pain associated with menstrual cramps.
- Relieve skin conditions such as dry skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Maintain health heart function, cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
Goat Milk Supplements
Due to its high nutritional qualities, goat milk has been used for centuries all around the world. Frequently used as an alternative to cow milk, goat milk is easier to digest, especially for kids. Health benefits of goat milk supplements are:
- To maintain strong bones and healthy teeth.
- To prevent bone-related illness.
- A good source of calcium. Calcium helps prevent a childhood disease called rickets, a bone softening illness.